Monday 28 October 2013

The Movie's Always Better with You

Happy Halloween Everyone!
Guess I'm a little early but where to start!? This year I'm not all that crazy for dressing up so I might as well just go as myself without make-up because I am a NIGHTMARE! Few that have see me without make-up have lived to tell the tale..
What are you going to dress up as???

Finally it's Mid-term break and I've the week off but I'm doing work experience so there's not that much lying around :( today has been my ass-on-couch day and it has been fab doing sweet feck all! As God intended haha! This past week at GTI we had to create a collection for a shop we would like to design for, and I picked one of my favourite online shops; Bitching and Junkfood (http://www.bitchingandjunkfood.com/index.php). If you haven't checked them out - DO! I love Bitching and Junkfood, not only for the name, but the clothes are amazing! Bright colours, spectacular patterns and so much more!

This week we have to watch some movies, not all of them, and create another collection inspired by these movies :) Here's a taste of what to watch for fashion lovers like uuz and the times in which they are set;
1900's: Titantic (1912)
My Fair Lady (costumes by Cecil Beaton)
1920's: The Great Gatsby (2013)
The Artist
Chicago
1930's: Atonement
1940's: The Great Man's Lady (1942)
Mildred Pierce (1945)
One Touch of Venus (1948)
1950's: Grease (made in 70's)
Breakfast at Tiffany's and A Roman Holiday (costumes by Givenchy)
The Bad and the Beautiful (One of my favs :) ) (1952)
1960's: Mad Men (TV Series)
Early Bond Movies
1970's: Almost Famous (1973) (hippy)
Saturday Night Fever (disco)
Sid and Nancy (punk)
Austin Powers
1980's: Flashdance
Desperately Seeking Susan
Pretty Woman
1990's: Clueless
2000's: Sex and the City (TV Series)

Last night I watched 'Almost Famous' and loved it! The fashion was good but I really liked the story-line, don't worry I won't spoil it. If you find the time to watch these (not all of them lol) please let me know what you think of them! I've seen a good nine of these so far :)

Well I'm going to go now and will keep in touch... Not doing so well for that lately :/
Have a good one!
XOXO
Freaky Smudge

No comments: