Monday 2 September 2013

Inspirations

Me again :)

Damn it's really hard to type when everyone else is asleep and there's a crafty little ass of a fly snooping round the room!
So I wanted to add a little something: my Inspirations! These people, in my opinion, are amazing :) My idols, my mentors (I wish!), people that I would love to meet, though a few have passed on :( These aren't in order of who I admire the most or anything just to be clear so I'm not going to number but give a little bit on what they mean to me.

Edith Piaf of the LBD - A woman whose words I cannot understand, but whose song I can.

Marlene Dietrich, Queen of Androgyny - Amazing actress and rule breaker, classic!

Vivienne Westwood, a Mother of Fashion - If I'm still designing clothes at her age I'll count myself one of the lucky ones.

Alexander McQueen, a Prince of Fashion - A Visionary! A man whose immense creativity shows so much emotion and depth.

Lady Gaga, a Warrior - Yes I know some may think it's very cliche for me to put her down but to me Lady Gaga is a warrior, a revolutionary, pushing boundaries and breaking, well, everything!

So yeah that's a little more on me and what makes me tick! :) These five people (and five is my lucky number so kinda an extra bonus!) really move me and inspire me. I've added one of my favorite pics; it's Marlene Dietrich and Edith Piaf who were actually great friends, which makes me so happy!

Well that's it from me tonight,
Later my naked strangers (....creepy stuff)
xoxo
Freaky Smudge

No comments: